Saturday, March 30, 2019

Let's Edit!

Hey everyone! On Thursday, Andrea and I met up at 5:30 to edit and go through all of the footage that we had. On Tuesday, a day after we filmed, I noticed that we were missing a shot. There is a scene where I look up at the tree and one would assume the next shot would be a picture of said tree but we lacked that content. Thus, for the sake of the eyeline match, we had to go back and get that footage. At around 6:40, we went over to the ridges to get the shot and then headed back to my house.


When we were filming, we thought that we were not going to have enough footage. However, we actually had too much footage. How ironic! Since we had too much footage, we had to figure out how to chop it down to the time limit of 2 minutes. First, we tightened up all of our shots and edited them together seamlessly. That helped shave off some seconds to reach the time limit. Even after tighteneing all the shots, we still had 2:48 seconds of footage which is WAY over the time limit. I then came up with the idea to speed up some of the shots so that we could emlimiate some time. After about an hour of playing around on iMovie, we were able to go from 2:48 to 2:08. I'm very proud of that!


After getting all of our clips organized together, we than began trying out some of the songs that we had previously found. The song that I found, Ischia, was not a good fit becasue it was not whimsical and quirky enough. It just did not fit the vibe. However, Andrea showed me a song called "English Country Garden" and I think it is perfect for our film opening. Sadly, it's only 1:30 seconds long and we need the song to be at least 2:08 seconds. Andrea said that she is going to try to edit the song and try to make it longer. I hope she can do it becuase I really do think it is a perfect fit for our film opening.


No comments:

Post a Comment