Monday, March 25, 2019

Perfect and Passionate Production

Hey Everyone! Today we actually began shooting our film opening today. I bet you thought this day would never happened! Well, let me tell you how our day went.  Andrea and I met up at 2:30 to go get props for our film. We needed to obtain a fluffy pink pen, flowers, and a copy of Moby Dick. We went to Office Depot and A.C Moore in search of a fluffy pink pen, but neither store sold one so I pulled out my amazing DIY skills and made one myself. We bought a tiny pink boa and wrapped it around the end of a pink gel pen. At AC Moore we were able to find flowers. We bought 4 bouquets of flowers and they were  99 cents each. What a steal!


We then went to the Broward County Library and checked out a copy of Moby Dick. It was the last one they had so we got extremely lucky. At the library is where we decided to get ready for filming. We made all of our props there and Andrea did my hair for the film opening. We were able to turn the library into a little makeshift salon. She braided and curled my hair and did my makeup in the middle of the library. I'm surprised the librarian didn't yell at us and kick us out. After getting all glammed up, Andrea and i went to The Ridges to shoot our film opening.






We got to The Ridegs at around 5:30 to plan out what we were going to do. We knew that we had to wait till around 6:30 to begin filming because that was when there was "golden hour". We were pressed for time because we had to get all of our shots before the sun went down at 7:35.  We had to shoot all of the shots in chronological order because we couldn't have the sun be lower in the opening scene than it was in the last scene.  I'm so glad we made a storyboard and script because  it helped us to stay super organized and we were able to be super productive. We may need to go back to reshoot if we do not like the way something looks, but for the most part, we are done filming!




After we got the shots we needed, we headed back to my house an immediately air dropped all of our content to my computer and placed all of our clips sequentially into iMovie to see if it flowed nicely. As of right now, i'm very pleased with the footage that we have! This was a pretty successful day if I do say so myself!











No comments:

Post a Comment