Sunday, March 3, 2019

Ideas Can Come at the Randomest of Places...



 Ideas Can Come at the Randomest of Places...

Hey everyone! I have HUGE news! Andrea and I could not think of any film openings  that were character-driven and set in the 90s. We spent hours on the phone, up till 2am sometimes, trying to come up with an idea for our film opening. Our conversations mainly consisted of "uhhhhh.......". We were going nowhere.

Yesterday, I had a conversation with one of co-workers at work. He took Media Studies AS last year so I was telling  him about my struggles. He then informed me that I was limiting myself in that I only wanted do a character-driven type story. He then proceeded to tell me that I could do a thriller, a comedy, a science-fiction movie, etc.  This helped broaden my scope and had me thinking on a broader scale. I then went home and went to sleep hoping that I could come up with and idea in my dreams. Sadly, I had no dreams that night so that idea was a bust. I was feeling distraught all morning as I still had no idea on what I wanted my film opening to be about.  I went to go sit down at my kitchen table to eat my salad when the idea struck me like a bolt of lightning. I thought to myself "What if the chair that im sitting on is in pain because I am sitting on it?". Then, that question morphed into a full-fledged story. What if there's a girl can talk to inanimate objects? I knew that I had something so I immediately called my partner Andrea. After conversing for a couple of minutes, we then came up with the idea for our film opening.  You are not ready for this. Are you ready? Okay, I'll tell you.......A GIRL THAT CAN TALK TO A TREE. Right now you are probably very confused but let me explain.

What we want to do is a film opening in which a girl is happily running through a meadow/field. She will then climb a tree and the tree will say something along the lines of "Ouch child, my branches." The girl will think that she is hearing things, but in fact the tree is talking to her. The tree will have the voice of a wise old woman and the girl will be a young teenager around 15. Our film opening will establish that a girl can communicate with a tree. We have not worked out all the logistics, but yes, we have a well-developed idea. We plan to use color correcting after we edit to to make the piece have a specific feel. I do not know what that "feel' is yet.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders now that we have an idea! :0

This is the chair that I was sitting on when I came up with my idea in case you were wondering 





No comments:

Post a Comment