Friday, March 1, 2019

Lets Talk About Editing Software!





Hey everyone! In my last post I stated that I would have an idea by today. Well, I was on a phone call with my partner Andrea for over an hour and we could not come up with any sort of conclusive ideas. This is making us a bit distraught, because it is delaying pretty much everything. Since I cannot tell you about what my story is going to be, lets talk about editing software!

As of now, I am familiar with two editing softwares: wevideo and iMovie.  I learned about wevideo from my Media Studies teacher and I have used it to edit a couple of projects.  It's an online website and all you have to do is create an account. Wevideo is adequate, but it is very limited in the things that you can do. It is extremely difficult to precisely edit clips and it does not offer a large assortment of transitions. I do like the fact that you are able to let others able edit videos even on other devices. I think this would be helpful as it would allow both me and my partner easy access to editing the video. It is also free to use becuase my teacher has an account.

I have been using iMovie since about 7th grade. I started using it when I took Film 1 in middle school. I am very familiar with its operations. I at one point got so good with it that I knew how to use green screens. iMovie is an editing software created by apple which is available for Mac. It is more precise than wevideo and i think that it is simpler to use. Andrea, my partner, has told me that she is not familiar with iMovie, but I am well-acquainted.

However, my friend Nick told me about and editing software called Adobe Premire. He uses this editing software to create all of his projects for our schools television network CBTV and has even won awards for editing(while using adobe premiere). Adobe Premiere costs $20 dollars a month, but we could just buy a subscription for the month that we would be editing our project, and then cancel it afterwards. I believe 20 dollars is a good price to pay for premium editing software.

Wevideo
I am most familiar with iMovie, but I could consider Adobe Premiere as an option as it may help to give me a more clean, professional look. I'll inform you later on what editing software I have decided to use. I got lots to think about!





iMovie

Adobe Premiere



No comments:

Post a Comment