Saturday, March 21, 2020

Websites Galore

As part of the project, we need to make a website for our short film. While we are in a bit of a tizzy about that right now, I think it is important to research how to make a website. I have made a few websites in the past but I would not say that I am very good at it. Luckily, my partner Elizabeth is exceptional at website making so I am going to be relying on her a lot for this aspect of the project. In the past, I have used Wix to make my websites, but I have been informed that there are a plethora of other website designers so why not check them out! 


1) Wix

Wix, like I mentioned earlier, is something that I have used before. They offer many website templates. For instance, I worked on a music marketing project last year and I was able to specify that I was making a website for a band. Then, Wix offered me a template that would meet my needs. Wix has many drag and drop tools. While it can be a bit overwhelming and confusing, once you get the hang of it you can make some pretty nice websites. Also, Wix is free which is pretty neat and handy!



Image result for wixImage result for wix

2) Go DaddyI have never used Go Daddy before but many people have recommended this website to me. Go Daddy is known for being a very quick solution to website building. It does most of the legwork for you. The issue with go daddy is limited creative control, which is something that may be an. issue. We want our website to be really creative so this may not be the software for us. However, it is still something to consider.



3) SquarespaceI have never used Squarespace before but this website has also been raved about. It lets you create websites that are very sleek and modern, very professional. This would be super useful because my partner nor I are professional website builders. This may be of use to us. Sadly, Squarespace is not free. They have a free trial we can sign up for but then we may feel rushed to finish our website within the allotted time. 









 

After examining my choices, I think we are going to use Wix because we are more familiar with it and also the fact that it is FREE!  What more could you ask for?







No comments:

Post a Comment