Thursday, March 12, 2020

Casting Issue

Hi, lovely blogger. I hope you are feeling splendid today.  Today my partner Elly and I met with our teacher today to discuss an issue. in our short film, we are going to have a few scenes that take place at school. These are the scenes where Hazel gets Lucas' number, the end of the film where they meet at school again, and possibly a few other scenes that we have not yet written. We were considering making my boyfriend, Dylan,  play the part of Lucas because he is very accessible and I would consider him to be a very good fit for the role of Lucas. One issue, however, is that Dylan does not go to my school. He graduated last year and he is in the fire academy. 

We wanted to utilize the classrooms at school but bringing Dylan onto campus may be an issue because my school has super strict ID rules. We then considered maybe shooting these scenes after school because they don't check IDs then, but we would have to convince a teacher to let us use their classroom after hours. We may choose to get an actor for Lucas who already goes to our school as then we won't have to worry about this issue. However, they may not be as accessible and if we need them in other scenes, there may be immense scheduling difficulties. Once we are done with the script, I think we will have a better understanding of when and where we need to shoot and can worry about solving this issue at a later date! Goodbye for now!


Image result for happy cartoon gif

No comments:

Post a Comment