Monday, March 2, 2020

An Idea? Finally!

Hey kind blog reader, I am happy to inform you that my partner and I finally have an idea for our short film. Let me explain the conception of our idea!

My partner and I one day were just randomly talking about those times when you reminisce about a conversation and think about what you could have done/said differently. My partner, Elly then suggested what if your reflection in the mirror could talk back to you as you re-enacted your previous conversation. I shrugged off the idea as I have already dabbled in that area( my A.S project about a talking tree) and had much difficulty executing it. We went back and forth bickering about what to do for our short film. We had discussed wanting to make a simple film about a mundane topic. We felt that these simple stories always ended up being marvelous if properly executed and relying heavily on using proper techniques. 

Then, today at our class' Socratic seminar, that's when we were able to get an idea of what to make our film about. We talked about the "wanting to go back to an old conversation" and our classmates gave us advice on how to turn that into a short film. They all said they too have experienced this scenario, coming up with comebacks to a previous situation. They said why not make a short film about a person who reenacts a previous situation by altering what they said. One of our classmates even suggested that in one of our scenes we could maybe show our main character's voice coming out of the mouth of another character when reenacting the scene. That would provide a comedic aspect to our film. While we don't have a finalized story, I'm glad that we finally have an idea!

Our classmates also told us to watch some movies and shows that involve a similar concept such as Donnie Darko, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, Fleabag, and one of our classmates A.S film opening. I'm excited to see how we turn this idea into a short film!



Image result for happy gif


No comments:

Post a Comment