Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Story Time!





Hi lovely blog reader, today was an extremely productive day. I am currently patting myself on the back because I am so proud of my partner and me. We now have an actual STORY, not just an idea.

Since at our last Socratic seminar the bell rang in the middle of our turn, we were able to get feedback from our peers again today.  One of my classmates offered the idea that we should make our short film about a petty fight that gets blown out of proportion. This would be very comical, something that I and my partner wanted out of our short film. This is something that is super relatable as well. I mean, I got in a fight with my friend the other day because she replied K instead of okay and I thought she was super pissed at me so then I got really pissed at her and it became a whole thing when it was really nothing to begin with. Do not worry that has been resolved. Anyway, we discussed with our classmates how we could structure our story.






Notes taken during the discussion


One person offered the idea that we could have the fake conversation occur in our character's head and then they would eventually "snap out of it' and then go back to reality. The issue with this is that this may appear a bit boring and not engaging. Then someone elaborated on that response and said: "why don't you film the character going about their day fixating on the conversation." My partner and I really liked this idea because it will allow us to get a myriad of shots and will be much more entertaining and engaging for the viewer. After a bit more conversation, one of our classmates offered the idea of our main character getting a text message along the lines of 'hey can we talk?" Then, our character can then overthink and question what the other character wants. This is something that I have done a plethora of times because it can be very difficult to gauge the tone of text messages.  we then asked for help with the structure for our piece.  We would begin with the conflict, the character getting ready pondering the conversation, and lastly the resolution. Technique is going to be super important in creating this short film because the concept is very simple. We are going to have to play with color and obtain different types of shots such as tilts, over the shoulders, and pans. Our teacher also. suggested that we download an app called Filmic pro because it has a neat zoom feature that you can time out. Sounds pretty neat! After the discussion was over, my partner and I discussed what the conflict should be. We thought the most realistic conflict would involve a girl and her crush. This is something that many people can relate to, even you, blog reader! Right before class ended, my partner had the ingenious idea of titling our film "Out of Proportion"(because our main character blows the situation "out of proportion." We could also have fun designing the title because we could make all of the letters different sizes, almost out of proportion you could say. What a successful day!
Image result for cute celebration gif






No comments:

Post a Comment