Friday, February 21, 2020

Lets get Started!

Hello lovely blog reader! It is now time that I begin my portfolio project. Wow! It's scary just typing that. My partner and I chose the short film to work on because it is the option that intrigued us the most because we had endless possibilities with it. We have so much to do in what feels like so little time. There is just so much that goes into making a project that you are proud of. I need to write a screenplay, coordinate dates, get set pieces, etc. I am working with one of my best friends, Elizabeth, which I think will make the process a lot more fun and exciting. Since we are close friends, we won't have a tough time telling the other person how we feel when it comes to certain aspects of the project. I also have a car now so this will make shooting a lot easier because we won't have to beg our parents and siblings for rides. 

Now, what exactly is our short film going to be about? That's a secret. Just kidding. I couldn't even tell you if I wanted to. We have no idea what we want our short film to be about. Like I stated earlier, just so many possibilities! I have one idea that interests me: unconventional beauty. One of the things that I am most passionate about is being accepting of our bodies and embracing who we are. That's one idea that I could potentially incorporate into my short film. It is something that I have personally dealt with a lot so I feel a large connection to the topic.

Thus, I did some research on "unconventional" beauty standards that I could potentially showcase in my short film.


Music. Stage and Screen. Personalities. pic: circa 1960's. Barbra (Barbara) Streisand, born 1942, American singer, theatre and film actress.


Whenever you type in "unconventional beauty", pictures of Barbra Streisand always appear. Her "large" nose is always discussed but she is still praised for being a beauty icon.  As someone with a larger nose, I am saddened and happy when I see this because I don't think a large nose should be considered "unconventional" when so many people have one.






BEVERLY HILLS, CA - JANUARY 12:  Actress Uma Thurman attends the 71st Annual Golden Globe Awards held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on January 12, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California.  (Photo by Jeff Vespa/WireImage)


Uma Thurman is stunning. But in Hollywood, she is considered "unique" because of her large forehead and deep-set eyes. 









LOS ANGELES - DECEMBER 1976: Guitarist Joan Jett of the rock band "The Runaways" poses for a portrait outside her family home in Canoga Park just outside Los Angeles, CA in December of 1976. (Photo by Michael Ochs Archives/Getty Images)Joan Jett is renowned for her "rocker' look with her razor-cut hair and cool eyeliner. She is deemed as "edgy" in Hollywood.








Ashley Graham 2018.png
     

Ashley Graham is a plus-size model who is "breaking down barriers" (that's how the media refers to it) on ideal body standards. She exemplifies that beauty isn't one size.








Discussing this topic in my short film would be pretty neat. Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment