Saturday, February 22, 2020

You Gotta Get Organized!

I am one to admit that I am not the most organized person. I don't really have a calendar and I keep myself in order through a "mental checklist". When I tell people this, they don't "buy" it and sometimes I don't either. But with such a task in front of me, my partner and I need to get organized. Thus, we created a schedule that should keep us on track and in check so that we can do this project with ease.

The Schedule!                       

  • Weeks 2/18- 3/1 PLANNING/ COMING UP WITH THE STORY- 
In these two weeks, we will be planning out the story for our film. Due to the fact that this is a very important task as it will set up the basis for our entire project we thought it would be fitting to spread it across two weeks. 
  • Week 3/2- 3/8 PERFECTING STORY/ PREPARING FOR FILMING
This week we will take care of all the details of the story and prepare for filming. We will most likely make a storyboard and develop the characters thoroughly. This is also when we will go location scouting and where we will figure out the costume design and props.
  • Week 3/9- 3/15 FILMING
During this week we want to start and finish filming. We will probably spread out filming across a couple days depending on the number of filming locations we have to go to. We will also try and rent some professional equipment at the beginning of the week so our final product can be shown in high quality. 
  • Week 3/16- 3/22 EDITING/ POST PRODUCTION 
Throughout this week we will edit together all of our footage to come out with our finished product. This is when we will also select any music we wish to include and also record any voiceovers or sound effects that we feel necessary. We will also color correct and apply filters at the end in order to make the final product more cohesive
  • Week 3/23- 29 WEBSITE/ POSTCARD ADVERTISEMENT
 During this week it is also spring break so we hope that doesn't interfere with our work but I feel like the website and the postcard advertisement will be much easier to finish at this point if we already have a rough draft. 
  • Week 3/30- 4/5 FIX ANY ERRORS/ PERFECT FINAL PRODUCT
At this point, we will probably have shown our rough draft to a couple people so we can go back and fix any mistakes that we had previously. This is also when we can add anything to improve our project and make sure it is perfect before we turn it in. 
  • Week 4/6- 4/12 CREATIVE CRITICAL REFLECTION (CCR)
Finally, once we have all of our components ready we can start working on our CCR. This is often a long and tedious process as it is a reflection of our entire project so we wanted to make sure we had at least a week to work on it. After that is done, we're done!  



I want to be a more organized person in all facets of my life not just for the sake of this project. Thus, I did some research on how to stay organized. The article "7 ways to stay organized when you are super busy" explains how much easier life is when you are organized. I don't doubt that. Some of my takeaways are to-do lists, patterns, and not letting things pile up. I know all of this already, but reading it in a Bustle article puts it in a new perspective and makes you feel bad about yourself. So, I'll give it a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment