Saturday, April 18, 2020

Website and Postcard Design

Hi lovely blog reader! I hope you are having a splendid day!

Last night I finally finished editing my short film! I wanted to get it out of the way before embarking on new tasks.

The website:

I used Wix to design my website. I added the tabs Home, Production Team, Screenings, Contact, and Gallery. On the home tab, I have a still from my short film along with a brief synopsis of my film. I tried to leave it as vague as possible because I do not want to give away the ending. The girl cutting her bangs at the end of the film is supposed to be a surprise. On the production team tab, I included photographs of the people who helped me create my project. Other than me, I added my boyfriend Dylan because he played my ex-boyfriend in the film. My sister Brooke filmed for me so I mentioned her as well. in the screenings tab, I listed the film festivals that my short film would be featured in. In the Contact tab, I added Bang!'s official email so people can contact if necessary. The gallery tab has some pictures of my short film. I did not put the film on my website because I don't want people to be able to watch it for free. I want my short film distributed at film festivals such as Sundance.



The Postcard: 

I used Canva to create my short film. I had a bit of difficulty creating the postcard because I had a hard time deciding the layout. I ended up doing a simple design involving one side featuring a photo and the name of the film. the other side has a synopsis and a location as to where to view the film.  I really like the simplicity of it as it is easy to read and sleek. It also compliments the simplicity of the website.







No comments:

Post a Comment