Sunday, April 12, 2020

Filming Day 1

Hey lovely blog reader! I hope you are having a good day!

Today, I finally filmed a scene for my short film. The scene was the opening of the short film. I ended up choosing to execute this scene through facetime since I am unable to meet with Dylan in person. 


The first thing that I had to do was put the wig on. Wigs are very hard to put on actually. I tried to put it on by myself but I couldn't so I went to my sister for assistance. She helped me get the wig on. I'm not gonna say that the wig looks realistic, because it does not. However, it gets the point across. Also, did I mention wigs are very itchy, but you gotta do what you gotta do. 








I realized that I did not want the facetime call to be recorded from my phone. I thought it would look tacky and not as technically advanced. Thus, I had an idea to use QuickTime player to record my computer screen when I staged the facetime call with Dylan who is playing my boyfriend in the short film. I did have to google how it worked, but after watching a quick tutorial, it proved to be very simple. The sound quality was not bad either. 

I am not very good at memorizing lines so I pasted my lines to the top of my laptop so I was able to read them without it being too obvious. It worked pretty well.



I still have lots to film, but I am glad that I have at least started the filming process. Tomorrow I am planning to get as much done as possible! The due date is quickly approaching and I am very well aware of that. It's frustrating because I cannot start my website or card because I need to base ot off of footage from my film(which does not yet exist). I'm glad the CCR due date was moved because now I have a bit more time to get things in order. 

No comments:

Post a Comment